Friday, August 15, 2008

The Yum Factor Reaches Exponential Heights!

I made a new recipe for Chocolate Chip Cookies, given to me by my brother, Scott. The recipe came from an article in the New York Times. The dough sits in the fridge for 36 hours before baking. I was skeptical, figuring they'd be good, but worth a day and half of waiting?...


The verdict is... Well worth the wait. And LOVE the sea salt sprinkled on top. I used bittersweet discs, as it called for. If I make it again, I will use semisweet. The bittersweet is great surrounded by cookie, but when you get several chips clumped together it was a bit too bitter for me (and therefore the kids). With that small complaint, the cookies were incredibly good, full-flavored, crisp outside, chewy in between, and soft in the middle. WOW! I've been making the same chocolate chip recipe for twenty years (ouch!) but I think if I have the time, these will take it every time. Try it for yourself. The link is on my list!

Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment