Friday, August 15, 2008

Good Food, Good Times

I made a yummy dinner the other night. I mean, I usually do make a yummy dinner, if I do say so myself. This dinner, however, was new, and particularly yummy. It was Ginger and Hoisin Glazed Shrimp with a side of cilantro rice. YUM! I loved it. The recipe is from Cook's Illustrated.


Izzy closes her eyes in pure rapture, even she liked it!


The next night, Izzy spend the night at her friend Rylee's house. The next afternoon, she came home. Within about 15 minutes, I was busy cooking shrimp and crabmeat okra gumbo (Bubba Gump recipe, also yum, using Port St. Joe 16-20 ct tails white shrimp from Fresh Market, are you drooling Twopy and Laura?), and I turned around from the stove and she was passed out, cold, on the floor in the middle of the kitchen. I left her there while I finished getting the gumbo ready to simmer, and then put her to bed. She had a wonderful time at her friend's, and then a wonderful nap. Does it get any better than that?


The food around here has been pretty darn delicious lately. But every day, our Izzy is delicious.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment