Saturday, April 26, 2008

William's First Haircut

I actually blogged this a few days ago but it didn't go through for some reason. So, given that I don't remember squat from five minutes ago, here we go again.

There was no getting around it. Today was the day. It had been coming, though I had put it off numerous times for various reasons, mostly because of his sweet curls on his nape. But there I was, looking at what was becoming a mullet on the back of his head. Looking, at what was already a combover on the top of his head. And yes, looking, at what might be considered "fluff" falling over his ears. Handsome? Of course. Well-groomed? No. And so it was time, whether I was ready or not. I sat him up on the counter, and took out my best pair (heehee :) ) of kids' rounded tip scissors. Surprisingly sharp on his angel fine hair, they snipped through over a year of baby fuzz, leaving behind the face of a baby becoming a boy. He was very good, playing happily with a clam shell that Sarah had painted red, dialing the telephone (his favorite thing in the world), and eating large quantities of crackers before tossing the rest all over the counter and floor. I carefully placed his little curls and snippings of fuzz in a baggy. It's more soft down than hair clippings. I was worried about cutting his hair myself, but it was not as difficult as I thought. And so, the little boy is emerging, not so slowly but ever so surely.


Heeeeeeeeeere's Handsome! He wore the shirt for about thirty seconds before completely soaking it watching Izzy in the bathtub. He had already had a quick shower with Daddy, and smelled delicious from his new Johnson's vanilla oatmeal wash.


A little over the ears action


The rear view, although truthfully it's not his cutest "rear view" if you know what I mean!
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment