Wednesday, January 30, 2008

A Place for All

Well, I've done it now. I've gone and bought a couch. Wait, I have six of us to seat. I bought two. Wait, our guests have to stand or bring in chairs from the dining room. Ok, ok, I bought three. Yes, three. Before you think I've lost my mind for the 400th time, remember that not only are we a big family for this day and age, but we also have a bigger than usual room to furnish. So, with that in mind, and comfort calling, I bought three 3-seater sofas for our addition. Loveseat just won't cut at this point and the price difference was 30 bucks. I get my "u-shaped sectional" but at half or less the price. I'm happy, Shawn's grunting, and the kids are thrilled. We'll see who is happy in the long run, as it will make football watching that much more fun! Not too mention they're stylish, comfortable, and easy clean leather. Before you say anything, they are a bit darker than the picture shows, the bottom is more accurate (I messed with it) because the flash/lighting in there wasn't great. They are a wheat/camel color, still coastal but not rattan or white slipcovered! Yikes! They are definitely not cream! Come see us so you can check them out for yourself...

No pillows like that for me, sorry. I didn't buy those!
We delivered Twopy and Sean Patrick to the airport before our big furniture shopping extravaganza with Nanny. The kids were a bit wound up from the airport. Unfortunately, I realized I didn't get to take any pictures of my SP, who has more ideas on what adults should NOT say, than any toddler I know. He even beats Sarah on his list of No nos. Yes, noggin. No, head. Yes, bread. No, Shawn. Yes, trains. No, night night. Yes, plane. No, talk to Aunt Caryn. He adored Izzy's carousel and Uncle Shawn moved up a notch when SP got to go on his first back-o-de-truck ride to the city park. She thought he was funny and loved the way he talked. He is interested in all things moving, cats, clocks, carousels. Or maybe it's stuff with a "C"?! He is still a curly-headed wonder, especially in Florida humidity. I ruffled his hair when given the chance and turned around, "No hair, no hair." He's adorable, you can visit Twopy's blog (On my list of links--dempsey blog) to see how adorable he is. We had a great time but wish they could have stayed longer. Next time we're going sand-dollar hunting on low tide. Maybe I will have gotten him to not run away from me by that time.... Hmmmm...
Happy boy goes shopping with the girls, Momma, Izzy, and Nanny. This is a clean face but it was proceeded directly before by a Nutrigrain-smeared face, and directly after by a pepperoni-pizza face. (He ate almost a whole kids pepperoni pizza at lunch, Izzy ate squat.)
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

  1. Methinks that you are the craziest Ethan Allen shopper mine eyes have ever seen. Every time you venture in, you venture out with roomfulls of furniture! Word, De Grande, Word!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Except that she didn't go to Ethan Allen. Word.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Look, I'm just saying...it's been 4 or 5 days and no more posts? Wassup with that? You were my good blogging seester.

    ReplyDelete