Sunday, January 20, 2008

Grandma Gill's 95th Birthday Celebration

This is the face Izzy gave me when I told her I was going to Gainesville--ALONE-- for a Gill cousins dinner at Dragonfly. This face was followed directly by tears. She made a full recovery when Daddy promised to take her and her big sisters and little brother out for pizza, followed by the Market for some pink Bubble Gum Tape. Katy's face is a reaction to the prospect of pizza AND Mommy leaving (no dishwashers to empty for her!).

GG was looking wonderful on her 95th birthday. It was a real reunion as 21 adults and 10 children gathered to celebrate the occasion. Aunt Helen presented an amazing Gill family geneology that dated back to 1086! 35 Generation of Gills. This particular gathering was loud and laughter-filled as usual. It was a very special day for GG with all her loved ones in one place!

Uncle Arthur and Jon Jon share some snuggle time on the couch.

Aunt Helen takes William for a spin around the room and what do you know? The boy starts walking for her! As you can see, he was most excited! That night, when we got home, we put him to bed because he was exhausted and ate virtually nothing (a real rarity). Twenty minutes later we hear, Momma! Momma! So I bring him downstairs and he is so excited! I place him on the new rug in the family room (picture later) and he scoots off, playing with Izzy and Katy. After a few minutes, I pick him up and stand him, and off he goes! Walking foot after foot, and talking like crazy, it was great! His birthday is Tuesday and I guess he just wanted to make sure he got that in before the 12 month mark! What a wonderful little guy! The girls were clapping and encouraging him. Boy, does he love his girls!
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

  1. Betty Gill Ware5/9/09, 6:34 PM

    I had saved this e-mail and am finally getting back to some geneology. My maiden name was Gill and I am descended from Jones Gill, born in 1764 in Charles City County, Virginia and married to Patience Nunnally. I am wondering if there is any connection! Betty Gill Ware

    ReplyDelete