Thursday, January 21, 2010

Aw, Wittle Wittle Boy

Oh Willie, you're so cute, you got a little baby body and a butt to boot!(and that may be a small, cute, silky butt, but it can do amazingly awful things! Argh.)

Okay, I'll never be a songwriter. But you should know my joy and sorrow of the day. Joy, Willie's going to be three tomorrow. Wow, three years old. What an adorable little fellow! He is all that is sweet, every time I say I love you Willie, he always responds I love you too Momma in the babyish/boyish voice I love. And I ask him, does my boy know that I love him so much? And he nods his soft, fuzzy head, of course he does. He growls terrible growls, he shows terrible claws, he rolls terrible eyes, and then--what is that? A smile, a sweet playful smile from a wonderful little boy. He adores his sisters, but enjoys a bit of torment for them every now and then. He takes his diaper off most unexpectedly these days. Needs a bit of airing out, I suppose. Some time later, he lets me know when he needs to have it back on again. And no, potty training is nothing but a pipe dream at this time. He has NO and I mean NO desire to have anything to do with that. He eats yogurt, plain vanilla yogurt, by the bucketful. He loves oatmeal, cheese, juice, ham, cheese, noodles, did I mention cheese? He really likes it shredded by the cupful. My kind of guy. He likes his triceratops jammies the best, he never refuses to put those on. He also has an affinity for his ant jammies, the soft brushed cotton kind. Who wouldn't. Wish I had some. He folds into a seemingly boneless heap on the floor at the sound of any chastisement from Momma or Daddy. He sits motionless in timeout at the bottom step, waiting like a statue for his release, always contrite with his bottom lip jutting out like a soft, shiny red cliff. Momma tells him why he is in timeout, he says in a soft baby voice, "I sowwy, Momma" and you just want to BAWL YOUR EYES OUT! Could I possibly have sent this little munchkin to timeout for throwing a giant hard dinosaur at my head? Wouldn't it have been worth it to take the black eye risk and not have to see him suffer so? I always question my own rationale when his soulful eyes peer up at me before he gives me a kiss. He is a snuggler, and I take it whenever possible. Even if that means asking him to snuggle, he hops up, and is gone three seconds later. He loves T Rex stories, and all the adventures that T Rex and his best friend Willie might have every night. He sleeps peacefully, and thankfully all through the night, every night. He loves his crib, and I love that he still makes no attempt to escape (after the stacking of the stuffed animals escape attempt). He adores his Daddy, and follows him wherever he goes. He wears black mullet boots, which works out well given his penchant for puddles, no matter how large. We are so lucky to have a little Willie 'round here.
Ah, and the sorrow. Willie's going to be three tomorrow. Wow, three years old. Have I really had the pleasure of seeing his little face for three straight years? How could time pass so quickly and I don't even notice? Each day seems so long, and yet, when you put them together, they are gone in the blink of an eye. Becoming more boy and less baby all the time. His 18 month old pants are FINALLY too short. Good lord, they aren't supposed to be worn for a year! He won't let me cut his hair. I'm going to see if the hairdresser can do it tomorrow downtown, she might have better luck than poor Momma. Don't want Mr. White Hair being Mr. White Afro Hair. He still has moments of terrible twos, but lessening all the time. (Oh, that is a JOY I forgot). But still, how could our baby boy have grown so quickly? I miss him already.

3 comments:

  1. What a sweet post! You are a good writer, seester. I miss little William and I cannot fathom how he's about to turn 3 and I barely knew he was 2. Adam said the last time he saw Sweet Willie, Cathleen was one week old. She just turn 21 months. That ain't right with a capital AIN'T. Nohows, how 'bout some pics of the sweetness? VIDEOS would be much appreciated by the far and away family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I do so love his boneless heaping on the floor. So Willie. So wonderful. So boneless chicken ranch.

    Sigh. Willie D. is gonna be Three. Sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Boneless chicken ranch. Roflmbo!

    ReplyDelete