Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Silly Stephensons

Yesterday I couldn't find Izzy or William. I raced around like a maniac calling them, when I heard some giggling coming from the dining room table. I peeked underneath the tablecloth and...

Peekaboo! There they were, "reading" Nancy Drew books together. Nevermind that William's is upside down! They were very silly in their newfound fort!

I love the look on William's face in this picture, he's been getting lots of teeth in and has been quite cranky. In fact, I took him yesterday to the pediatrician because he has been so off-key in the last two weeks. He is frequently listless, lays like a rag doll on my shoulder, runs a fever every now and then, and isn't sleeping at all like usual. (This 5 am thing has to stop!) The doctor said no ear infection so that's good, and nothing else appears physically wrong, but she thought he might have had as many as 6 teeth erupt in the last two weeks. She said that would make anyone cranky. Including me.


Izzy asked me to "roll out the red carpet" for her princesses this morning. (The red carpet is also known as our Christmas tablecloth.) So while she ate her oatmeal, the princesses attended a "big ole ball" as Izzy said. Man, we have been in Cedar Key too long when she says big ole ball. Last night at dinner she was talking about the pool that I just put up again in the backyard and she said in her best southern twang, "Oh man, that pool is gettin' full and it's gonna be ready in no time! I'm gonna need my vest, uh huh!" We had a good laugh, she is always coming up with these crazy sayings. She's our little princess, for sure!
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

  1. We had about 1 1/2-2 months of severe crankiness with Sean when he was William's age. Then 6 teeth came in at once so that's probably what it is. Fortunately or unfortunately, Sean was never listless.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a bunch of sillies!

    Lawd, that boy has a load of teeth!

    ReplyDelete