Sunday, May 11, 2008

Happy Mother's Day!

I hope you have all done your duty and called your Momma today and told her how wonderful she is! I got to talk to mine, (Ok, so she called me before I got to call her) she was checking on me (as usual), this time about how I was feeling after my crazy weekend. (I'm feeling fine, thank you!) I know how much I depend on my Momma, and I hope yours is just as amazing as she is! I got some wonderful presents from my girls, handmade cards, little styrofoam cup "vases" with paper flowers, a "You hit the beach of fame" (yes, that's what it said!) poster from Sarah, with crabs, sand dollars, palm trees and banded tulips (my favorite shell that we found in Indian Rocks Beach and she has never forgotten, evidently!) She also made a "vase" with little rocks holding up pipe cleaner stems and her picture on top. Inside the vase are little strips of paper that she typed up, each of them a memory or special time that she remembers with me. It was very sweet. They include things like "I like when you say let's play catch", "Remember when Daddy was out fishing and the hickory nuts were falling on the roof? You protected me" (Actually I was scared out of my wits since I thought someone was breaking into the house! Darn hickory nuts...) "I like when we go to Wal-Mart, just the two of us" and "Do you remember how you say I am all yours? Well, I like that!" It's a good reminder that the special times are not necessarily those that cost money or require going to a special place to stick in the minds of our little ones. They remember far more than we do, and it is ALL important.
One special note, my Poppa died during the night on Sunday the 4th at the wonderful age of 100. We were blessed to have him in our lives and know that he and Nana are together in a most wonderful place. His funeral is May 23rd, so if you are of the inclination, a little prayer for him or quiet moment in his memory would be most appreciated. He was a wonderful Poppa, and I remember him dearly. Happy Mother's Day to you too, sweet Nana. Thank you for giving me my sweet Momma! We'll miss you both.
Now, if you haven't yet, what are you waiting for? GO CALL YOUR MOMMA!

No comments:

Post a Comment