Sunday, May 11, 2008

Sea World Field Trip

Man, what was I thinking? Now I know why we go to theme parks in either November or February. It really is the best time, especially for Momma. I chaperoned the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th grade field trip to Sea World on Friday. We left the parking lot at 7 am, and after all the stops, arrived at 11 am. Four hours on the big yellow bus. Woohoo. We had a great day, with the exception of Momma getting heatstroke. Yup, that's right. I had a headache (thanks to a very noisy bus) and it didn't get any better. So I ate little, drank not enough evidently, and all around felt like barfnagel (thanks for that one, dad!) for most of the afternoon and the ride home. I really wanted to be sick at the Turkey Lake turnpike stop, where the kids ate Burger King and Sbarro pizza. It was enough to make anyone, much less a heatstroke victim, sick sick sick. Once the bus got moving again, the air cooled down as it got dark, and I took three ibuprofen, I felt infinitely better. Thank heavens. I was never so happy to see my giant shower with jets when I got home at 11:15 that night! :) I figure at least the girls had fun, and are still at the point where they WANT me to go on field trips with them. Pretty soon, I won't be so lucky... Sweet Nanny (my Momma) watched William and Izzy all day, and cleaned the downstairs bathrooms, and cleaned Izzy's room to immaculate condition, and never whined about any of it! Something about coming home to a clean bathroom is just heaven to me! It was great to have a day with my big girls after the week without them in DC, I think it really meant a lot to them.

Sarah, Savannah, Emily, and Katy say hello to Shamu


Mr. Penguin at the Penguin Encounter give the girls a friendly, but not TOO friendly, hug under Momma's supervision! :)


Sarah jumps higher than a kite on the trampoline thing, you pay extra for it but it was sheer entertainment on my part! Wow, there is an evil little someone in me somewhere, enjoying the sheer terror/sheer delight on my kids' faces!

Katy was first up, and she LOVED it! I was surprised, to say the least, as a slightly rough ride in the boat gets her whining like a banshee!
After this, she wanted to do the rock climbing, too! But we had to be on our way to catch the Shamu--Believe show, which they thoroughly enjoyed. They sat in the SOAK ZONE, second row, and didn't get a bit wet. They were not happy about that, but they had an excellent view of Shamu and the others swimming underwater and doing their tricks. It was very cool.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment