Monday, September 8, 2008

Pianos, Ottomans, and Willie, Oh My!

On Saturday, we had my parents' piano delivered. It is one of those things that shapes your childhood, though you don't realize it until much, much later. What kid wants to spend thirty minutes a day practicing, left hand, right hand, left hand, right hand. Truly, it's enough to drive you mad. Which is why I'm having my children learn to play, as well. As an adult, I've never been sorry for the time I spent (read: forced to spend) playing the pee-nano as we called it. My kids always ask me to play "Fur Elise", which promptly wows them into mutterings of, man, she's really good, wow that's amazing... etc. If they only knew that "Fur Elise" is only Level II. Hopefully, they won't know that for a while. At least I know I can still WOW them with something besides Busch Gardens.

Good ole Baldwin pee-nano.


Our new ottoman, thanks to Willie's black eye.


Firm enough for holding plates, soft enough to lay on and cushion little eyeballs, and a hinged lid for storage. What more could you ask for? Well, I guess I'd like it about three inches higher, but who's complaining?


Oh, man, did I ever tell you I LOVE THIS KID? Look at that little face! He's pure joy, black eye and all! Never mind that he is smiling because he just crushed an entire sleeve of Ritz crackers onto my floor. . .
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment