Sunday, February 6, 2011

Cuteness, And Yumminess Too...


Last night, Katy and Izzy decided to try sleeping in the fort without Sarah. Due to her broken foot, Sarah is not able to climb into the fort.  They dressed warmly, and strangely, and headed out.  They looked so cute I had to take a picture.


It was a rainy night, and for ease of taking of shoes in the fort, they all wore their bootsies!  So cute!

Daddy's hats, jackets, fleecies, jammies, juice, and M&M's.  Check!
Gotta love the headlamp, too.  Thanks for the idea, Spring!

After purchasing a pint of Tamarind-Cashew Sauce at the Cheesecake Factory a couple weeks ago with my Momma, I decided to try making the Thai Lettuce Wraps for myself.  
I made Peanut Sauce, Sweet Chili Sauce, sliced radishes, grated carrots, chopped peanuts, cilantro, marinated Thai-style cukes...

...and technically supposed to be Coconut-Curry Noodles, but having a real aversion to coconut, and not being able to get coconut milk at the market nohow, I substituted half and half, and it worked great!
It was one delicious meal.  And so healthy, too! (Except the half and half of course, but you really don't eat that many noodles!)


Beautiful, and delicious!

1 comment:

  1. D'oh! Wish I were next door again so I could eat some-a dat up! Yums! Although, I must say, coconut milk isn't much like coconut, taste-wise (how d-u-m-b does that sound?). Thanks to you, I'm not the biggest coconut fan in the world, but coconut milk is yummy. WAY yummy. But I don't really like coconut. Just sayin'. :D

    ReplyDelete