Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Where To Start?

I have been thinking for a lot of years on a project of great value to our family, as well as great expense. Sometimes it's just a passing thought, other times an intense study of the what ifs and the how-tos. Usually though, it's a middle of the road sort of dreamy thinking, as in "how amazing would it be for this to really happen?"  And then, just when you least expect it, the time has come.

Sorry, this is not about babies.  Nor are we taking a fabulous trip.  No new pets, please.  And business ventures? Um, no, thanks, we have plenty of those.

So what has held my interest for so long?  It's simple really.  A mix of concrete, stone, tile, screen, and oh yes, water.  Lots of water.  A pool.









I know some things we want: a slide, a big pool, good amount of entertaining space, a kiddie play area (calf deep), a hot tub.  I know what we don't: a generic pool, a poorly planned pool, no landscaping to soften it.  I know what we aren't sure of:  screening, depth, slope in our yard, MONEY.  Sometimes you  just have to bite the bullet.  Shawn finally gave me permission to go ahead and start consulting with some "experts".  He said that yesterday.  First thing this morning, guess what I did?  First meeting is set, just waiting for the others.  
So, this is a possibility, sort of what I have been thinking. What have you been thinking?

1 comment:

  1. That's very pretty. I'm sure if you can pull something off in the same vein you would be very happy with it. It would be nice to have somewhere very serene to just relax and absorb the life around you.

    ReplyDelete