Thursday, October 14, 2010

YUM.

I made something awesome. Well, I made it but I didn't come up with the recipe. The recipe is from Suzanne Goin's Sunday Suppers at Lucques, which I picked up a signed copy of at Tavern in LA. Dinner there was wonderful, but I am even happier with some of the recipes I have made at home from the cookbook. In part because at the restaurant, SHE gets all the praise. At home, I reign supreme. At least in Shawn's eyes. He almost fell out of his chair when I put dinner on the table. He said we should take a picture, so we did.

Melon with Prosciutto, Figs, Arugula, and Mint Cream.

Fee-nomenal.

Served with Pan-Roasted Rib-eye Steaks with Marchand de Vin (red wine, shallot, and butter sauce)

Shawn said it was life-changing good. Something so simple, yet A-mazing.

I know you're jealous, I am too, because we ate it all and we don't have any left. If you want the recipe, let me know and I will send it. But beware, you might be expected to cook like this again.
Which won't be hard to do if you have that handy cookbook around. $23 on Amazon could get you a lifetime of kudos.
Now, all this blogging (it's like exercise, once you stop it is hard to start up again) is making me hungry.
What do we have to eat?
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

  1. I do believe Hell is newly frozen....bloggage from De grande?!?!? (I'm lovin' it!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hell is frozen over twice for this blog post then. Shawn said something like that over a non-pasta meal? I'm going to make this when it's not freezing outside, like next May.

    ReplyDelete