Tuesday, January 18, 2011

The Tick

After grocery shopping today, I am unloading groceries.  William comes in and holds up his shirt, saying "Um, Momma?  I fink there is sumpin' in my belly button!"  I see a dark spot from where I am standing and go over to look at it.  It's a hard little oval thing, so I take my fingernail and scrape it away.  It falls to the floor and I pick it up to see what it is...  Oh Lordy, it's a TICK, right in my baby's belly button.  I try not to react too much, though I am totally grossed out and feeling slightly queasy, and tell William, "Don't worry, I got it, it was a tick.  It is sucking your blood. That's how it gets food.  If you see another one like that ever, just tell Momma, okay? Don't try to take it off yourself."  Relief washes over his face and his eyes get big, "PHEW!  Cause I fought that was a ROOT in there!  I fought I was growin' a plant or sumpin'!"

Well, at least HIS mind was at ease. Now if I can just stop myself from feeling itchy and buggy all over...

2 comments:

  1. Super LOL! What a silly wompus!

    I had no idea there were ticks in Florida...did we see them in CR much?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like it was one of those big ticks, not a deer tick (the gnarsty kind).

    Thank goodness it wasn't a root, Willie! LOL.

    ReplyDelete